Posted on February 21 2014
Since we have been craving cheesecake all week we decided that we should probably make one. Nothing like a creamy, chocolatey, oreo cookie crusted cheesecake to satisfy our craving!
Here is what you will need.
INGREDIENTS : CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
1 package of oreo cookies (remove the cream filling)
6 tablespoons salted butter, melted (you can use unsalted butter if you like)
4 bars of cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
8 ounces of semisweet chocolate, melted
chocolate ganache for topping (see recipe below)
INGREDIENTS : CHOCOLATE GANACHE
1/4 cup heavy cream
4 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
DIRECTIONS : CHEESECAKE
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Heavily grease a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a food processor, finely ground the oreo cookies. Add the melted butter and thoroughly mix.
3. Firmly press the oreo/butter mixture into the bottom of the greased pan. Make sure the crust is nice and even. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. In a mixer add cream cheese, sugar and salt. Once smooth add in the eggs, sour cream and melted chocolate. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour filling into crust and bake for 1 hour.
6. Let the cheesecake stand for at least 30 minutes and then run a knife down the edges of the pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
7. Top with chocolate ganache and serve.
DIRECTIONS : CHOCOLATE GANACHE
1. In a saucepan bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate.
2. Stir until melted and let thicken for 5 minutes.